Why You Should Be Owning the Puffer

14/11/2016




Yes I am wearing a Puffer jacket and yes I am loving every second! Finally a trend in fashion that is both stylish and practical, I'm game if you are! The puffer has made a glorious come back this season and boy are the fashion influencers of the world taking full advantage, Rihanna caused a stir when she show cased a huge oversized puffer back in August, but my guess is she just knew how big they were indeed going to become and in true RiRi style wanted to be first in line showing us all how its done. 

The AW16 catwalk saw the rise of the puffer with the likes of McQueen and Marques' Almeida walking numerous different puffer jackets down their catwalk; ranging from full on 'duvet' styled ones to chic' cropped ones in eccentric colours! The Puffer was once only cherished by young 5 - 10 year olds running around the playground, but alas they are back mainstreaming with the rest of us and I have a sneaky suspicion you'll all be wearing one in some shape or form come December!






So I've already mentioned the practicality of this coat and when I say it is the comfiest, snug coat I currently own I'm not lying, winter mornings truly are the devil (especially those 6am starts) and the battle of the bed is one we are all competing with each and every day but with a puffer coat I can assure you it will make it that little bit easier! When a new trend comes along that allows us to look like a huge puff ball and still remain stylish is definitely  a revolutionary item that well all need hanging in our wardrobe!

The turtle neck is the wardrobe staple that just keeps on giving, I couldn't even tell you how many I currently own, because I actually think it's slightly embarrassing but when you find a silhouette that is perfect for your body shape, stick with it, because these tops are amazing both dressed up or down and I'm still wearing the ones I bought last year, with a few new ones from this A/W! 

I have tagged a very similar puffer jacket to the one that I am wearing below but the one I have on is in fact from Primark and it came in at a whopping £18! I'm not going to lie, I have bought 6 coats already this season and we are one month in, so I just couldn't justify spending a lot of money on a puffer jacket when I was not entirely sure if I was going to get my wear out of it, how wrong was I, but despite the price of it, the quality is amazing! Super soft, very warm, looks a lot more expensive then the price tag and way way way affordable for everyone wanting to test the water with this trend! However I already have my beady eye on another one, but the sensible side of my head is already telling me to lay off, we'll see which side wins. 


    

P x 

Post a Comment

© You Can Call Me P . Design by FCD.