MY TEENAGE SELF

19/09/2017








When this particular brand emailed me and asked if I would be up for a collaboration my inner teenage self jumped for joy, was you anyone if you didn’t own a Gola bag back in the day? I had a black and red one (its always been red with me) but it wasn’t the standard Gola bag it was slightly different (had to be different, even when following the crowd) and I remember nagging and nagging my Mum and Dad to buy me it before I started Secondary School! Don’t get me wrong it probably wasn’t styled very well but I most certainly put it through its paces and it lasted me a long time! It’s funny how particular brands can evoke such emotion and memories, with that in mind I thought I would share some of the things that have inspired my style throughout my life and things that have influence the way my personal style is today! 

I have always been into clothes, I can’t quite remember when it started, maybe it was sometime around the age of 5 or 6 when my auntie would take me into clothes shops. As a manger of Topshop at the time she would often be called into work briefly on her days off, coincidentally when I was with her, meaning I was wondering around Topshop from an early age (clearly no surprise where I have ended up working then). I remember just how much of an influence she was on me and my style as a youngster, and how I loved raiding her wardrobe as a teenager, this is definitely where my obsession with clothes and fashion began.






Throughout school my love of fashion only increased, generally to the dismay of others and the sheer dissatisfaction of all of my teachers (Sorry Mr Liddle but I was simply expressing my creative flare with my huge black vintage diamond encrusted studded earrings, and no, I will not remove them). Its hard to be individual at school because we are pushed and pulled into the direction that the school board deems as acceptable however I always knew who I was and how I wanted to present myself. I was very much influenced by the likes of Florence Welch, Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift. I loved vintage jewellery and pearls paired with grungy statement tops and black jeans. Military boots were a staple in my wardrobe as well as customised cropped sweatshirts and a huge swiping fringe. It was only in college that I truly hit the ground running with the way I wanted to dress.

Music has always played a huge role in my life, I sing and play the guitar so I have always taken huge inspiration from musicians; fast forward to now and I take inspiration from everywhere, whether that be music, film, tv, magazines, books, my work place, online, bloggers, people in the street – you name it I take inspiration from it. I find this to be the most fun aspect of been a blogger! Red has always been my colour so it was just a natural selection for me to pick these Gola Classics Harrier Trainer in Lollipop Red (What a name!! Lollipop Red!) I paired these trainers with my current fav trousers from Topshop, one of Dom's plain white t-shirts and a trusty leather jacket for a true causal feel, a look I am oh so in love with at the minute!


Trousers - Topshop
T-shirt - Dominics 
Jacket - Zara 
Earrings - Miss Selfridge 
Bag - Grafea 
Trainers* - Gola Classics 

P x

(*gifted post from Gola)





Post a Comment

© You Can Call Me P . Design by FCD.