The only way you
haven’t heard about the whole Instagram scandal is if you’ve been living under
a rock. Engagement is down massively and everyone is feeling it! I have seen a
lot of posts on this subject over the past few months and I never realised how
affected I had become by the whole thing until one-day last week when I was
discussing it with a group of gals, the overall theme of the discussion was how
frustrated and disappointed we are with the app at the minute. ‘Shadow banning’
is a real thing and to me its absolutely ridiculous. My engagement has been
down for a long time now, and we are all very much aware of how difficult it is
to build organically in comparison to how ‘easy’ it was at the beginning, you gain
1, you loose 10, its truly as black and white as that. But in reality what is
Social Media? We have social media, then we have real life, and I think that’s
the best example I have of black and white.
I am, cross my
heart and hope to die, addicted to Instagram. Need outfit inspiration; check
the gram, new food location; check the gram, holiday inspo? Again why not check
the gram. Instagram has become apart of most peoples lives and although for the
majority of the time it brings positivity, creativity and fun the business like
platform that it has become is draining the spirit out of a lot of its users.
The overall opinion at the minute is why should we spend our time creating
beautiful content for only 10% of our users to see it? (If we are even lucky
enough to reach 10%). So in response to this I say; ‘I do not give a shit
anymore’.
For a while now I have let myself forget what it was about blogging that made me want to create one in the first place. But through the course of not giving a shit I have remembered. I wanted to become a blogger to provide my creative side with an outlet, I didn’t care about the likes, comments or the followers. I didn’t start my Instagram account with the sole purpose of getting as many followers as I could I started it to share my pictures with an online community of mostly friends and family. But where along the line did it all go so wrong? When did I start comparing myself to other people and when did I start doubting my own ability and own passion because of how well other people were doing?
I have been lucky
enough to team up with various different brands throughout my short blogging
career and it is always such a confident boost when a brand wants to work with
you based on your style! This is something I have to thank Instagram for,
because without it I would not have a platform to share daily outfit pictures
and I would not have had the opportunities that I have had without it, Gola* actually contacted me through Insta and they are a brand that spoke directly to
my individuality and fit perfectly with my currently way of styling outfits!
The app is
annoying we can not deny that, but I still have some kind of respect for it,
because I have too. However, I have learnt that I do not need to post daily, my
followers do not need to see what restaurant I am in, how many items of
clothing I have bought this week nor do they really care about the fact I have
been to the gym. Detaching myself from the app and using it for fun again has
changed my outlook on it has a whole, and I am so much happier for it, don’t
get me wrong its still a pain in the arse but its an app at the end of the day
and there are much more pressing issues in this world then how many likes I
received on my latest #ootd post.
Jacket - Zara (Similar)
Top - Topshop (Similar)
Jeans - Asos
Tights - Primark
Trainers - Gola Classics
P x
*gifted post from Gola
Post a Comment