Rocker Chick // Topshop

11/11/2016





Rock and grunge influences have flooded the stores lately, whether that be with the tie dyed retro band tees or chunky hardware and statement shoes this trend has hit hard and heavy and it seems it is here for the long haul. Seen on the catwalks by the likes of Wang and Isabel Marant it's easy to see why everyone has become so swept up in its appeal and Topshop has mastered the true heart of the 'Rocker Chick; and brought her to life with some impeccable pieces. This is by far one of my all time favourite trends to wear! Year after year as soon as we hit the November mark we see this trend take flight and year after year I remember why I loved it so much the previous time it was around, the mixture of fabrics and textures means you can very rarely go wrong with it! 

It embraces all things individual and unique that I think femininity is about whilst also giving a slight nod at the strong edginess that we as women strive to achieve with our style! It's almost as if Kate Moss has personally picked out these items from her own 90's wardrobe and I am loving every little detail. The ease and comfort of the trend adds to the overall 'thrown together' feel and effortless style of each and every look! The pieces are versatile and easily taken from day to night, making them ever so tricky 'what to wear' situations that little bit more manageable (I mean we all understand the struggle with the 'smart but casual' dress code don't we! *pulls hair out*)! 

Whether you are going full throttle into this trend and buying everything you see (like I currently am..) or you just want to dip in and out of it please promise me you will make sure you add a leopard print dress in there somewhere! This Topshop dress is literally thee prefect item to revamp your wardrobe, the flattering length means it is perfect for both afternoon lunch and cocktails with the girls and the ruffle detailing along the cuff and front gives it that sophisticated almost dainty effect, brought right back round in a full circle with that fierce leopard print pattern; if Alexa Chung was a dress, I think she'd look a lot like this one. 



If you've followed me for a long time you will know that I am not afraid to push boundaries and try something different, nor am I scared of mixing up trends and picking bites and pieces from a variety of different styles to create one mega look! Fishnets have recently graced my legs a lot, some people are often scared of them, and I can see why, but trust me when I say there is nothing more rock and roll then a pair of these tights! But it can be a difficult look to pull off so my advise is to go for the tights with the smaller fish net pattern like these Primark beauties then with confidence progress to the bigger ones! Paired with boots and a dress or under ripped MOM jeans for that mega throwback look these tights are a true game changer!  Taking a carefree attitude towards the way you style this look and really just having fun with it is what will carry you throughout the next few months and even into your foreseeable SS17 wardrobe! Inserting colour into the way you style your key pieces is also essential! Throw on a leather jacket for that utter grunge inspired feel or change it up  and inject another talking element with a bright red suedette jacket, nothing saying 'I'm here!' more like a dash of colour! Red is definitely one of my favourite colours to play with and wear, resulting in the perfect 'pull it all' together colour for this look! (Just be careful you don't start looking more Kat Slater then best dressed at the work do).  
  


P x 


Post a Comment

© You Can Call Me P . Design by FCD.