This is the bomber jacket that I waited about a month for, after seeing it on my fav blogger and girl crush Megan Ellaby from PagebyMegan I knew I needed so I seriously searched online every single day for weeks waiting for my size to be back in stock and what a wait that was! But I am so glad that I remained persistent because the day I realised that a size 10 was in fact in stock my little heart skipped a little beat and for a second all was good in the universe.
Okay so it is only a jacket, and I probably shouldn't be getting as dramatic as I am about it but in terms of trend based pieces, this item tickets so many boxes this season, not only is it the perfect autumnal piece but them vibrant colours speak to me on so many different levels and I purposely laid it over an all black canvas to really allow them colours to pop! And do not even get me started on that faux fur collar, in purple, fricken purple, oh my lord!
Jacquard was seen on the catwalks across numerous designers and is something we have seen come onto the high street in full force, whether it be skirts through to boots that you are after you can pick up almost anything now in the Jacquard print! Think your grandmas curtains or that hideous sofa she had when you was a child and you are on the right track when it comes to picking out patterns!
So I said think about your gran and low and behold Asos have nicknamed this trend 'Granny's Attic' taking inspiration from your crazy nan and the way she styles up different textures and them sometimes god awful patterns will help you master this fun loving look! Crushed velvet, faux furs and crazy ass patterns are exactly what we need to be looking at when picking out key pieces for your capsule wardrobe! I picked these velvet trousers up from Next and they have become my saving grace, somewhat different to the standard black jean or black trouser but they are so versatile! They look amazing with a standard plain black turtle neck, like I've worn in this outfit, for a dressed down feel or just as good, if not better, dressed up with a metallic cami and a faux fur bomber jacket, perfecto!
Velvet is everywhere at the minute, and you can not move for it in my wardrobe, so if like me you have gone velvet mad you really are half way there to getting this trend spot on, and various other trends, because lets be honest, this fabric really is everywhere! Also does anything else feel more festive then velvet? As soon as this fabric hits down on the high street we know what time of year it is and what better feeling is there than that?
P x




Post a Comment