'Go big or go home' is definitely the motto I use when thinking about Tartan, the red is about as in your face as I could get with this pattern so these Topshop trousers are the best! However looking at these images and how well these trousers are paired with my red hair I think I should start questioning my own heritage because that whole combination is just working way too well for me! Scotland I'm coming for ya!
I don't know about anyone else but when I see tartan, a leather biker jacket and bad ass boots I instantly think about the whole 'Mods' 'Rockers' and 'Skinheads' of the 60's and 70's, now I'm not sure how well they'd take to been all mentioned in the same sentence but I have definitely taken reference from each of them groups of this outfit and married them all together to create one killer stand out look!
Taking points from different generations in fashion is what makes me love clothes, how one piece of fabric or one pattern can symbolise a specific year, or a group of people, or music type, or dance move, or movie; etc etc, the list is truly endless, but that emotion that comes with clothing is always the same, and is what made me fall in love with this whole industry in the first place. 'I wore that when I was your age', is a conversation I, (like I assume many of you reading), have with my mum almost every day, the recyclable nature of fashion means you will probably have something tartan in your wardrobe from the last time it was around, or at least if you don't someone in the family will, because at the end of the day; 'they were all wearing it back in the day'!
Clothes are all about personal expression, on a regular, more then likely, daily basis, someone will tell me that they like what I'm wearing, but would never want to wear it themselves, I've become accustomed to it, I wear the things that other people run away from and for me there is nothing better then that! I like having fun with trends and mixing them up, fashion should be about how you feel in the clothes, not about what other people see, I no longer seek validation from anyone, I wear what I want, regardless of how damn right ridiculous I sometimes look...
So you wear that bright red tartan skirt with pride, if the catwalks are doing it, so am I!



Post a Comment