Hippie Vibes

09/06/2015


I feel so hippie in this outfit with my flared leggings and matching top - I almost feel like I should have a ring of flowers around my head, accompanied by my guitar singing about peace and harmony whilst wondering through a field watched over by a sinking sunset... 

Did I do too far? 
Generally my issue
but I'm sure you understand where I am coming from...

Anyways back to the outfit!  


So basically on Saturday I was at work and I stumbled across these absolute gems 
I dont usually have time to shop in Miss Selfridge because most of my time is taken up on Topshop but when I do I make sure I look everywhere and check out all of the new stock! 
(obviously whilst still doing my job of tidying and making sure standards are correct etc - just incase management are reading this right now...)  



So when I decided I liked the flared leggings I definitely received mixed reviews, but I love been different/unusual and when buying from highstreet stores I always like to pick the most random pieces that not everyone would go for - I'm always drawn to the random things that anyone else would overlook! But that's how I've found that I can keep my individuality, whilst still shopping in some of the high streets much loved stores!  Don't get me wrong I still have the mainstream items such as the a-line denim skirt and the timeless white shirt but I also have 1950's vintage dresses and 1960's jackets in my wardrobe - fashion really is a hobby and been unique is the fun part! 






       

So I wore this outfit for work, I paired it with my old faithful Primark heels for that added height and for practicality at work - closed toed shoes are definitely safer when you're me and you have a tendency to trip over things and drop things etc etc... 


The hat is something I picked up from warehouse a couple of years ago for about £3.. I just don't know how I do it sometimes - but you can get them almost everywhere right now! 
Sunglasses are Primark at £1!! 

                         

I fell instantly in love with this bag and if you have read my previous post you will remember me talking about two bags that I bought from TKMAXX? Well if you do this is the second one I got - How beautiful is it! And cute and tasselly and fun (I am aware that tasselly is probably not in the oxford dictionary..) 
I have been after a bag like this for some time now but I didn't want a really big one so finding this was perfect 
I recently realised that I don't seem to own any small bags.. not sure why but I guess I'm instantly drawn to big bags for some reason  



(Huge arm alert)







I have received so many compliments on this outfit, with a lot of people commenting on how they wasn't sure what the leggings would look like on! 
My top tip - always try! 
9 time out of 10 something will look 1000% times better on then what it looks like on the hanger, I try everything, hence why all my Instagram pictures are of me in fitting rooms, this is something that Dominic drilled into me!
 Dom is all about 'the fit', he makes me try on stacks of stuff so he can see what it fits like and this is what I want to drill  into you, the next unusual thing you see that you're scared of trying but you like it, do me a favor, just give it a go and try it on! 
It could be the best outfit you have every found!! 



Hat - Warehouse - Similar at Miss Guided 
Top - Miss Selfidge 
Trousers - Miss Selfridge 
Bag - TK Max- Similar at New Look 
Shoes - Primark - River Island have a killer pair of heels which I would definitely wear with this outfit!  
Sunglasses - Primark  - Similar at Dorothy Perkins 
Belt - Dorothy Perkins  - Similar item Tagged 


So we travel to London tomorrow and I am so excited! I can not wait for you to see what I get up too - follow me on Instagram for picture updates!! And don't forget to try something random on next time you are shopping - tag me in a piccy, I'd love to see what you try, you might even inspire me! 

Have fun shopping guys - 

All my love always 
P xx

                         

Little thanks to my best friends Kaysha and Jaye for putting up with me all year and having my back always, I'll miss been with you over summer  -
 I love you guys - see you soon

xxxx

1 comment

  1. I wish I could pull off something like this, you go girl! So so gorgeous! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete

© You Can Call Me P . Design by FCD.