Vintage Styling

26/06/2015


So I finally was able to pull one of my vintage dresses out of my wardrobe yesterday! And it felt so so good! 
Firstly on to more important things - this is the first shoot I have done without Dominic, instead I had help from my beautiful friend Emily who took all the photos for me and if I do say so myself I think they have come out fabulously! 
Anyways since it was an amazing day yesterday, we decided to take a bike ride, hence all the scenic backdrops in the pictures - beauty of Yorkshire, you really do not need to travel far to find a field in order to take a very vintage themed shoot!



I'll start with the obvious - the dress
This dress is something I picked up from York last year - its from a shop called Bowler Vintage and cost me around about £20, it was one of the first dresses I laid eyes on in the shop and instantly fell in love, at the time, for me it was a little out there but despite that I knew if I ever let it go I would regret it massively! 
I paired the dress with red lips, statement sunglasses and my red Grafea bag in true vintage style 

Dress - Bowler Vintage 
Belt - Dorothy Perkins (Old)
Shoes - Primark (Old) 
Sunglasses - Primark 
Bracelets - 
Left hand - Pandora 
Right hand - Michael Kors 





 Bag - Grafea 


 Bowler Vintage is one of those store that you just lose yourself in, especially if you are a vintage geek like I am, I remember going in and admiring this absolutely stunning dress which was hung on a hook as I walked up the stairs - unfortunately at £70 it was way out of my price range but I was delighted to find that the store not only caters to expensive taste but to my bargain mind set too! 


I adore the detailing on this dress and the two different materials that were used, please please correct me if I am wrong, but I think this dress would have been made between the 80's - 90's! Something I have always loved about Vintage clothing is the sheer quality and story an item can hold! Also the fact that fashion is a continues cycle which will forever come around, dresses in the summer are never going to fade and midi/maxi dresses are everywhere in the high street at the minute, personally I think I am on to a winner with this one 



Last year I paired this dress with a floppy hat and flat sandals, so today I decided to go for a tucked under hair style and sunglasses, it maybe had something to do with the fact I spent 2 hours on a bicycle, hence the messy hair, we'll take a nod at the 'festival inspired' hair with this one..  



I was wondering if anyone would like me to do a list of all my favourite vintage shops and websites by any chance? If you would leave a comment or a message on Instagram or come and find me on twitter @parisjade_

My one top tip for vintage shopping, don't be scared, be confident and try on those wacky dresses, because I can guarantee you will find something you love, also try charity shops, I have had some steals from a good old charity rummage! 

If you are ever in York please check out Bowler Vintage
(And maybe show me what you have found! Because I wish I could take a look every week! If you're ever in need of someone to just try your clothes on guys, I'm your gal.... Please?) 

Please share the love for vintage and follow them on their social networking sites! Everything is liked below

Facebook - Bowler Vintage 
Instagram - Bowler Vintage 
Twitter - Bowler Vintage 

I will definitely head back as soon as I'm not poor, because I have seen some pastel sunglasses which I think I may actually need in my life! 
(yes it is pay day, yes I am still as poor as I was yesterday.. 
blogger life)

Again I would like to say a massively thank you to Emily for been the best - I love you 

All my love always 
P xx



Ps - my pictures still seem to be blurry when on viewing my blog on iPhones - anyone know how I can solve this? Help

3 comments

  1. You are stunning! And these are such beautiful pictures! I'm in love! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are stunning! And these are such beautiful pictures! I'm in love! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete

© You Can Call Me P . Design by FCD.