Hello you beautiful lot, long time no speak and I can only apologise! However I return with some exciting news and a major pinch me collaboration! If the name of this blog shoot hasn't already given it away I'll spell it out, I am currently working along side Toni and Guy in Hull, and I could not be happier! I have used this salon for about 3 years now and I would not trust anyone else with my hair so to be collaborating with them and trying out new colours and styles is a dream come true! This collaboration will run from now until the foreseeable future and with it I will be bringing you a series of blog posts and vlogs so you can see how my hair has been styled and how you can recreate it for yourself!
Throughout the course of my blog my hair really has become my trade mark, but to be honest, I think even without the blog it would still be my trade mark. I have always been the ginger one, amongst my friends at school and even my friends at University and I love it, I would not imagine being any other colour and the truth is I enjoy the fact that it makes me that little bit different! Did you know only 2% of the worlds population have red hair? Pretty impressive if you ask me. However, with this in mind I also need to admit that I think I am up for trying new things, don't worry I wouldnt try anything too drastic but with this collaboration in mind and that fact that I trust these stylists whole heartedly who knows what they'll be able to talk me into along the way..
But let me not get ahead of myself! So as I've said I'll be putting together a lil series of blog posts all inspired by my treatments and hair cuts at the salon, for my first post I thought I'd discuss my recent hair cut and the colour enhancement that I had! I don't think my hair has ever looked so bright and healthy!
So were
to start! I'm not sure if you'll remember but back in December I had my
hair enhanced and my god, the colour was amazing! I chose to have it done a
deep red shade and absolutely bloody loved it, but I was intrigued to see what
it would look like more copper so it didn't take much convincing when I went
back for a second time! So how on earth do they get my
hair looking this healthy and vibrant you ask? Well my stylist
Gareth started by combining the
Loreal Professional Dia Richesses Hi-Visability tone on tone hair
colour, which is a hair colour that brings visible highlights and intense
shine to both natural or coloured hair, to the Smart Bond
treatment. The Loreal Professional Dia Richesses hair colour is
ammonia free and is a gradually fading formula leaving behind a subtle
tint of colour but no roots in sight, perfect if you're like me and
the thought of having to deal with roots scares the hell out of you!
The Smartbond protective
and strengthening formula is made up of 3
steps; the first step is the Additive, this is addd to colours
and bleaches, this helps to protect and strengthen the hair
throughout the hair dying phase! The second step is the Pre-Shampoo, this step
is to be used when the hair has been rinsed of all colour or bleach and finally
step three the conditioning part! Which again helps to maintain
the strength in the hair and protects against damage! The results of the
Smart Bond treatment is that the hair will be reinforced, more resistant
to damage, softer and shinier, and I can 100% say this is true! I don't
think my hair has ever looked so healthy and beautiful before and I have to
pass the credit all on to the Smart Bond!
So lets
talk about this hair style, if you've followed the blog for a while you'll
know that I've always had a fringe, I actually got my first every fringe cut in
at Toni and Guy back when I was 18 and I've never really looked back
(apart from that time last year when I attempted to grow it out, got
bored and made Lusie cut it back in again..) so when discussing how I would
like it to be styled I thought for the first post I would stay true to me
and simply just have a trim, this consist of cutting my fringe back in to
a manageable length, reshaping it around my face and cutting off all them
damaged ends from endless curling and hair bobble wearing! I think my love for
this hair style has grown and grown the longer I've had it, I love
experimenting with were my fringe lies and how it looks up, down, curly or
straight! I also love how well the stylists at Toni and Guy Hull know me and
how I like to wear it, I always walk out of the salon wondering how on earth they
mange to make it look so effortlessly bouncy and why it is that I am incapable
of holding both a hair dryer and a hair brush without hitting myself in the
head or dropping one? Yet they all make it look super easy!
So that is, my first hair transformation! Granted this has taken me a couple of week to write I can honestly say my hair still looks and feels as amazing as it did on the very first day! There is something so luxurious about having your hair cut and changed! I absolutely bloody love going, especially when it comes out looking as fabulous as it did! I am already eager to get back and see what else they want to try! Obviously I'll keep you informed and bring you along with me!
But before I finish up I have to say a huge thank you to the guys and gals at Toni and Guy, one for making me feel uber welcome and not embarrassed at all whirling a camera around, two for been absolute stars and showing me all the support possible and three for making my hair look A-ma-zing, I do not know how you do it (but I intend to learn!)!
All my love
P xx

Post a Comment