Orange is the New Red

03/04/2017



Hello you lovely people! Has spring officially sprung? I feel like it has, and with its arrival I thought I’d celebrate the only way I know how too, with an in your face, bright orange, lollipop-esque, frills in all the right places kinda shirt, and mahn did it deliver!

I feel a lil disconnected from the fashion world at the minute, but I’m also feeling more and more confident with my styling choices and my wacky outfit picks! I often struggle with S/S fashion, I am more typically known as a A/W dresser, and that is something I 100% agree with, layers are where I feel most comfortable because I love styling with different textures and fabrics, S/S fashion leaves me feeling that little bit exposed and out of my comfort zone – all hail the shirt of dreams! Not only is this shirt the perfect transitional piece it will also look amazing with shorts or a skirt in Summer! Win win if you ask me! And it means I don't need to get my pastel white legs and arms out at the same time - thats too much to ask anyone to handle.

 Orange clothing was, until last year, a colour I avoided, I think it was something to do with my hair colour and how I felt it would be all a bit too orange to handle, how narrow minded I prove to be sometimes! Orange just screams ‘summer sun’ to me and when the days are still verging on dull, we could all do with some sun in our lives! I found this shirt on Asos by a brand called Monki and my god, I am loving everything in store at the minute! When I was in Hamburg last week we actually stumbled upon a Monki and I happened to cough cough stumble out with a couple more new pieces (accidentally on damn purpose may I add)...




 I find Monki to be effortlessly cool and stylish, the girlie but grunge take on their pieces make them bang on trend and allows the wearers personality and individuality to shine through – I found it to be a cheeky cross between Zara and Topshop at affordable prices, with that in mind I suggest you check out their website ASAP! I can already predict that my wardrobe will be jam packed with Monki pieces by the time the year is out!


However, moving on from something new, to something that has become my somewhat wardrobe staple, you’re probably sick to death of these jeans by now and I do not blame you, but they are my favourite pair, (potentially ever!) And with that I am not going to stop showing them off just yet #sorry #certainly #notsorry. Straight legged, frayed hem, vintage colouring and the perfect fit, need I go on? I am aware that jeans shopping is often stuff of nightmares for some people, but if you are in need of a new pair, please try a straight legged, just for me, you will not regret it, trust me!


And the shoes - my student loans will not fund my dream Gucci pair, but they did stretch as far as these River Island dupes, and I have to say I am mega impressed with the comfort and overall look of them! Bring on the sun and many beautiful days strolling around in these babies! Unfortuenaly I couldn't find these exact shoes online but I've linked a similar pair down below regardless! 

It definitely does feel good to be back in front of the camera and I'll try not to be away too long again! 


      

P x





Post a Comment

© You Can Call Me P . Design by FCD.