Black and Gold

21/12/2016



You have 4 more days to get on board with the holiday spirit, and I think you should all eagerly accept the challenge! Christmas time really is the most magical time of the year and I can not wait to spend Sunday eating, unwrapping presents and having a jolly good ole time! But before we get to Sunday we have a  few days left, which means you may need some Christmas night out outfit inspiration! If you do, look no further then this Christmasy bad ass look! Fishnets, paired with a lace body, an oversized velvet shirt and that bam wam in your face gold metallic skirt, throw in a red beret for good measure and what more could you ask for in a Christmas outfit? And yes it was essentially for me to also throw in some round RayBans - don't judge. 

So I saw this skirt in Leeds when I was shopping a couple of weeks ago, and because I am somewhat stupid I left it, after searching online and in all the Topshop stores in Hull I decided I had to go all the way back to Leeds to buy it. And it did not dissappoint and continues to be my fav purchase this month! Just look at how amazing that colour is! I have to admit that I have been on the fence about this whole 'Metallic' trend, I have struggled to find anything that I could truly get on board with, until I laid eyes on this little beauty, I can officially say that I am now a Metallic convert and I love it! I'm definitely looking forward to pairing this skirt with a festive red shirt on Christmas Eve and with jumpers and tights for a more casual look in the New Year!  

Now we need to discuss this shirt and were I have been keeping it this whole time! The shirt is something I have been sat on now for a month or so, I guess I have been saving it for the perfect time to wear it, and I knew I wanted to save it for the Christmas period and I am so glad that I did because I am soooo impressed with how well it went with the skirt - you know that happy feeling you get when you eat chocolate or ice cream? Well that's the feeling I get when an outfit just works together perfectly! Boom! No effort required, just a simple oversized shirt over a metallic skirt and you have yourself this very strong talking point of an outfit!


The underwear as outerwear trend has been everywhere this year and to be honest I'm not really the type of person to wear anything too revealing and if I do I like to do it very tastefully and feminine! This lace body by H&M does exactly that, and I am so glad I finally found one that I like, I've already worn this particular body suit several times already, it looks perfect paired with a full velvet trouser suit for that little added detail as well as just wearing it under a jumper simply for comfort when I'm been lazy! 

I was unable to find the exact links to all the items online, however I have listed similar items below, and that gold skirt is a under £5! Perfect if you ask me!  

\


P x





Post a Comment

© You Can Call Me P . Design by FCD.